Back in the USA

like a local info2

Hey all. Sorry there’s been a little radio silence over in these parts. We were a little busy. In the past week we were in five Central American countries, both got and got over some sort of local stomach unpleasantness, and ended up back in America. Weighing out our finances versus upcoming plans versus ticket prices meant it made sense to leave sooner rather than later. So we’re here, back in my hometown of Berryville (the town I love to hate) for a few weeks. The Russky will be back to the motherland at the start of July and I’ll be along at some point or I’ll just meet him in our second magazine destination at the start of September.

On the subject of the magazine, please take a moment to head over here (or click the pretty banner above) to sign up for our e-mail and follow the accounts. You’ll only get a maximum of two e-mail a month and they’ll be full of interesting backstories, updates, and giveaways all related to our featured city. It would mean a lot to me, the Russky, and all of our contributors if you could show us some support for this big venture!

Thanks for sticking with me guys. The in flux parts of life aren’t always the most thrilling from the outside, but I promise there are epic things to come. In the meantime, we’ll be picnicking and scrounging our dollars, rubles, cordobas, quetzals, etc.

Tree shadow

Leather Camera Bag

The Ruskky

Polly

Join hundreds of other AG&HT readers who are getting a monthly round-up of all that's weird and wonderful in Russia. PLUS you'll gain access to an e-mail list only short story that really pulls back the cover on what life's really like in Russia.
PS. No spam. Ever.

19 Responses

1. sunandsany says:

You two are so nice! And how cool you went to so many places!

2. Annie says:

signing up! new hair? i liiiiike!

3. Elizabeth says:

Signing up now! I can’t wait to read the first issue. Good luck with your travels :)

4. Amy R says:

I love the new hairs! Whatever is going on all sounds incredibly interesting. I’ve not been able to keep up much recently, but I hope to get back to regular reading soon!

5. bevchen says:

Aaah, now i can read this! I tried from home yesterday but it crashed the computer (which has nothing to do with your blog and everything to do with Jan’s refusal to update his crappy, old PC EVER!).

Love the new hair! And I’m looking forward to seeing what’s next on the agenda.

6. Katherine says:

Signed up! Excited to follow the upcoming New Adventures of Polly and The Russky : ) : )

7. Jacqueline says:

One thing I can never get over is how small the world can feel after travelling abroad and then going back to where I grew up, which is also a very, very small town. It’s bizarre to me to think, at any point in time, I could be back in my hometown after just a 12 hour flight. Sometimes Taiwan feels like it’s on a completely different planet but home is really never that far away.

8. Sophie says:

oh noo I’m sorry to hear about the stomach bugs, but glad you’re back in a comfortable and familiar setting. Clicking over the mag!

9. Jamie says:

welcome back, if only briefly. hope you’re feeling better soon, and I am off to sign up for the magazine!

also: I am in LOVE with that camera bag.

10. Welcome back to the States! Looks like a lovely day for a picnic. Looking forward to seeing what comes next for you guys.

11. Anna says:

Your America looks so idyllic!